Here we go.

23 October 2009

Eating. Resting.

It feels like we've been working two jobs lately. First, there's the boring, paying kind & then there's the one where we go to our soon-to-be home to do some deep cleaning. It's gross! Erasing the previous tenant's mark is hard, tiresome work. So, yesterday evening, we decided to take a night off. We needed it. I got to make supper & hang out with needy kitties. Back to the grind this evening, though!

I did a potluck faux pas on Tuesday & brought an experimental dish that I've never tried. Thankfully, the dish turned out to be exceptional. I made them again last night. This is a great entree if you're looking to do something different for Tex-Mex. This is also great if you've got a lot to do, because you can do things while the potatoes are cooking. Introducing...potato tacos w/ a creamy goat cheese sauce:

Potato filling:
7-8 fingerling potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced into bite sized pieces
1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced into bite sized pieces
1 t chili powder (or to taste)
1 heaping t of cumin (or to taste)
almost 1 t salt
ground black pepper
1 1/2 T vegetable oil (I'm sure you can use olive oil, but this is a good opportunity to use up the vegetable oil that I rarely use anymore. It worked beautifully, I might add.)

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. In a bowl, combine all of the above-listed ingredients. Use your hands to mix everything together to ensure an even coating of spices & oil. Put the potato filling in a baking dish & bake until the potatoes are soft. In the meantime...

Sauce:
4 T reduced-fat sour cream
2 T mayonnaise (Hellman's!)
2 T goat cheese (I used the kind with garlic & herbs)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 t cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded & finely chopped
1 t freshly squeezed lime juice

...in a medium bowl, combine the above listed ingredients & mix well until smooth & creamy. Put in ice box until needed.



When the potato filling is tender & ready to serve, pull out of oven and set aside. Heat up in a skillet as many corn tortillas you'll need. I'd say that one person can eat 2-3 tacos. Fill the tortillas, add a dollop of sauce & dig in! It's easy and delicious. And you'll be blown away at the amazing flavors.


Eat well and get some rest.









1 comment:

kmhd said...

My goodness I'm hungry now.

Blog Archive